Getting Data In

How to integrate Splunk with building mobile apps?

venkatrakeshks

I am into building mobile apps and would like to know how to integrate splunk into them ?
Are there any case studies or examples of implementations?
Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Mobile App & Server is all about showing splunk dashboards, reports, and alerts on mobile device. There are another 2 mobile related offering from splunk: the Splunk SDK for Java, C# and other programming languages allow you to send data to splunk or search from splunk in your mobile app. Bugsense, which was acquired by Splunk in 2013, provides iOS/Android/WP SDK for you to track app crash, usage, and custom events. Those data are sent to BugSense cloud service and visualize on the web portal. In next few months, there will be a new offering from the BugSense team, to better integrate such mobile data collection with Splunk Enterprise.

Putting in short

• Splunk Mobile App is about visualize Splunk dashboards and real-time alert
  • Splunk SDK is about sending data to splunk or creating new search job
  • Splunk Bugsense and the upcoming new product is about to gather data from mobile devices and custom app, and send it to Splunk
0 Karma

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there,

Glad to know you're going to build mobile-friendly mobile app. Maybe I can post a blog later, but putting in short, you are recommended to build the dashboards with SimpleXML. Then you can enable the app and dashboards on Splunk Mobile Access Server web console. It'll be okay if you use JavaScript Extension in the SimpleXML dashboards, but some splunkweb JavaScript classes are not available in the mobile app. Plus if you define CSS or refer to images or other files, make sure don't use the absolute URL for splunkweb, such as /static/app/appmgmt/arch.png

Let me know if you encounter any issue.

-- Jove Z.

Dev Manager of Splunk Mobile App & Server

0 Karma

venkatrakeshks

I would like to know how to connect to splunk from my Mobile Application development platform

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...