Getting Data In

How to change time zone from EST to CET on schedule searches ?

Engager

Hi all,

I have found all schedule searches are running on EST instead of CET timezone, if i go and props.conf in /system/local
the Timezone showing TZ=UST .

could you please help me how to set CET time zone instead of EST.

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Scheduled jobs run using the time zone of the user who scheduled the job. This can lead to great debugging confusion. I strongly urge my users to use UTC which is what all our logs use.

manjunathmeti
Champion

Identify owner of the scheduled searches in Settings » Searches, Reports, and Alerts.

Then check timezone set to the owner(s) in Settings » Access Control » Users. Click on user name to see it's settings. Change time zone to CET for user.

0 Karma

Engager

I have checked the Settings » Access Control » Users. the user timezone set to CET only. but the person run any schedule searches identified that EST time zone instead of CET

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Check your systems (where splunk installed) time zone.

0 Karma

Engager

Actually for my user the Time zone showing EST but as a admin if try to open all the scheduled seatches about the user i can see CEST. i am not user why it's showing for the user differently. any guess why it's showing different for user how to resolve it .

0 Karma

Engager

Sorry TZ=UTC small correction.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What time zone is selected in your account's Splunk preferences?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Engager

I have checked the splunkd.log , all are running on CEST timezone on that particular host.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your personal time zone preference will not be found in splunkd.log. Click on your name then select Preferences.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Engager

i am i have i have found CEST /CET in splunkd.log but if e run schedule searches related to one particular user , the searches are running in EST timezone instead of CET.

Even i have verified the user Settings » Access Control » Users , the timezone set to CET only . iam not sure where is the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...