Getting Data In

How to avoid indexing of some fields or parts of events?

jg91
Path Finder

Hello, we want to filter some fields of receiving events before indexing for the license saving, for example, in a firewall traffic log we want to delete the country field in the event and index the remaining fields or parts of the event. How we can do that? Can we do that with Heavy Forwarder?

We don't want to drop any events, we just want to delete some parts of events before indexing.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jg91
Path Finder

Hi, yes I saw these documents, with these configs we can blacklist some sort of events, for example, we can nullQueue (or Drop) events with specific field values or strings, but I don't want to drop the event, I want to delete some fields or parts of the event before indexing, like summarization.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

here is an example how it could do with props.conf https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/remove-out-section-of-log/td-p/21259

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...