Getting Data In

External API for 4.1 - will my application still work?

mctester
Communicator

Hi,

I have a development support question.

We have an application that is integrated with splunk. We have a C++ program that was written as a plugin (bundle or application now I guess) and it is linked against the "extcmdapi" library. This plugin is used to introduce meta tags from our product into the raw data as its being indexed. We originally wrote this against 2.x of splunk and seems to work OK against 3.x.

I'm trying to find more info if this approach is still supported under 4.x. It sounds like one approach is to do the processing up front and feed replaced raw data to splunk on stdout, but looking for confirmation. Can't find much info on our current method on the site.

Thanks for the help

Tags (2)

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm pretty sure it's not supported 4.x (and I don't think it was in 3.x). I have no idea if it will continue to work.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...