Getting Data In

Download Splunk App fpr VMware

vollmann

Dear Sir or Madam,

we want to try out the 90-day free trial of "Splunk App for VMware".
But everytime we click on the Dowload button and accept the License Agreements the next page tells us that we need to login.
The right upper corner shows that the are logged in cause tgere is a "Logout" link and our username is shown.
So what is wrong ?

Sincerely yours

Sven Vollmann

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rturk
Builder

Hi Sven,

The 'Splunk for VMware' app is now a premium app as of version 3 (like the 'Splunk for ES' & 'Splunk for PCI' apps). This means that there will be a separate cost for the license (which may involve a professional services component to implement it).

I can only see a 'Contact Sales' button on the page now (http://apps.splunk.com/app/725), which takes you through to the www.splunk.com domain (different login domain). I'd suggest after filling out the form Splunk will be in touch to give you access to the trial.

Hope this has been of some help 🙂

View solution in original post

rturk
Builder

Hi Sven,

The 'Splunk for VMware' app is now a premium app as of version 3 (like the 'Splunk for ES' & 'Splunk for PCI' apps). This means that there will be a separate cost for the license (which may involve a professional services component to implement it).

I can only see a 'Contact Sales' button on the page now (http://apps.splunk.com/app/725), which takes you through to the www.splunk.com domain (different login domain). I'd suggest after filling out the form Splunk will be in touch to give you access to the trial.

Hope this has been of some help 🙂

rturk
Builder

Yep, that's changes as of two days ago. It's now a premium app.

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

It seems odd, and I think that this question should probably be directed at support@splunk.com. Or possibly to sales@splunk.com. I think it used to be a free app, but maybe that has changed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...