Getting Data In

Do we have any SPLUNK recommended maximum size of a single source file for UFs to push?

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

Do we have any SPLUNK recommended maximum size of a single source file for UFs to push? I know maximus size of Lookup is 500MB. But for SPLUNK UF based data ingestion, I have a few source files need to be ingested every day using UF and each of the size of source files is around 2.2 GB. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you so much.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven’t seen any recommendations for ingested files. More important is how much events come to it and could UF read it faster than new events come! This situation could cause delays for source events on this host especially if there are lot of files. 2.2GB/day isn’t any issue for UF if your source node can handle to generate that log.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I haven’t seen any recommendations for ingested files. More important is how much events come to it and could UF read it faster than new events come! This situation could cause delays for source events on this host especially if there are lot of files. 2.2GB/day isn’t any issue for UF if your source node can handle to generate that log.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...