Getting Data In

Data ingestion

krish5vuda
Engager

Hi all. I am ingesting a CSV file from a UF where the CSV is daily updated by the app team at a particular time and  I have seen data in splunk ingesting on hourly basis which should not be the case and it should be ingesting only once per day need suggestions on how to eliminate this and make sure the data is ingesting only once per day

•  

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

I believe you will have to update your inputs.conf and write a scripted input configuration to run the job on scheduled time. 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.3/Admin/Inputsconf 

Also the current behavior you mentioned might be due to the enablement of the crcSalt in the inputs.conf that looks for hash change of the file state and if it happens, indexes the new data.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...