Getting Data In

Cooked connection to ip timed out

joliver

We already have universal forwarders set up on multiple servers that are working fine. I have installed a new universal forwarder on a different server, but cannot make a connection to the indexer. I am using the same configurations as the forwarders that are working, but am receiving the error below. I have already tried adding [splunktcp://9997] and Connection_host = none to inputs.conf, then restarting Splunk, but this had no effect. Anyone know what causes this error? Thanks for any advice you could provide. This is driving me nuts!

Here's the error:
-0500 WARN TcpOutputProc - Cooked connection to ip=xx.x.xxx.xxx:4444 timed out

Here's my inputs.conf:
[default]
host = my server name

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME\bin\scripts\splunk-wmi.path]
disabled = 0

Here's my outputs.conf:
[tcpout]
defaultGroup = xx.x.xxx.xxx_4444
disabled = false

[tcpout:xx.x.xxx.xxx_4444]
server = xx.x.xxx.xxx:4444

[tcpout-server://xx.x.xxx.xxx:4444]

0 Karma
1 Solution

masonmorales
Influencer

You can also identify firewall issues by using the telnet command on your forwarder...

telnet <indexer_ip> <indexer port>

If you don't receive a "connected to ......" message, it's usually a firewall issue.

View solution in original post

masonmorales
Influencer

You can also identify firewall issues by using the telnet command on your forwarder...

telnet <indexer_ip> <indexer port>

If you don't receive a "connected to ......" message, it's usually a firewall issue.

joliver

This ended up being a firewall issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...