Getting Data In

Cisco Firewall addon data source

timbCFCA
Path Finder

Can the Cisco Firewall addon be restricted to only analyze data from a specific source or sourcetype?

I have reports from Nagios coming in which contain references that trigger the [cisco_pix] stanza in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/cisco_firewall_addon/default/transforms.conf. These are being incorrectly rewritten with the cisco_firewall sourcetype.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Will_Hayes
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, If you look in the default/props.conf directory you will see:

TRANSFORMS-asa=cisco_asa TRANSFORMS-pix=cisco_pix TRANSFORMS-ios=cisco_ios TRANSFORMS-fwsm=cisco_fwsm

Remove these lines, then set the data input for the actual Cisco Pix firewall to cisco_firewall. This will prevent other things from getting source-typed when it matches %PIX.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Will_Hayes
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, If you look in the default/props.conf directory you will see:

TRANSFORMS-asa=cisco_asa TRANSFORMS-pix=cisco_pix TRANSFORMS-ios=cisco_ios TRANSFORMS-fwsm=cisco_fwsm

Remove these lines, then set the data input for the actual Cisco Pix firewall to cisco_firewall. This will prevent other things from getting source-typed when it matches %PIX.

0 Karma

timbCFCA
Path Finder

Will, Thanks.
One other thing proved useful - I updated the
TRANSFORMS-extract = cisco_firewall_hostoverride to TRANSFORMS = syslog-host. Hostname extraction was failing for some reason.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...