Getting Data In

Best way to get Symantec AV data - (reworking an old instance of Splunk)

mhuntington
Explorer

Hello,

I am new to Splunk and was recently given our organization's old Splunk project. Long story, but basically it's been sitting idle for about 6 years.

The first thing I want to do is gather information on our Symantec updates. When Splunk was originally installed consultants used a SQL Server Agent workaround, I guess they couldn't get Symantec to play nice at the time.

I was hoping someone could point me in a good direction for this. What is the best option for this, apps or something else? Is there an app for Symantec?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

I've onboarded Symantec Endpoint Protection logs a number of times and this app is very great:

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2772/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...