I've enabled the Active Directory monitoring module. I'm getting events as objects are modified but I would expect that there would be an initial scan of all objects so that entries for changed objects can be compared to their original value. Another useful byproduct of scanning all objects is that you can then add useful data like department, address, etc to search results.
The documentation doesn't mention anything about it and there isn't anything in the specs for admon.conf so this might be an enhancement request but I thought I'd ask in case someone else has gotten it to work.
I'm running 4.1.2 by the way.
I've confirmed that this bug is fixed in 4.1.4.