Getting Data In

AS400 and Splunk Integration

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

Is it feasible to collect data from a DB2/AS400 server using Splunk?

i.e. to collect required data which is stored in a database (DB2 Database) hosted on a AS400 server.

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers! 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

DB Connect (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2686/) is supposed to be able to connect to DB2 database. I haven't tried this particular database myself but it's the general solution for RDBMS connectivity. You might have to fiddle a bit with particular JDBC configuration to make it work.

0 Karma

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Thank you for the response!

Yes, but I could see that DB Connect support DB2 only when it is hosted a Linux box but not AS400

From Splunk base https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2686/:

Splunk DB Connect supports DB2/Linux, Informix, MemSQL, MySQL, AWS Aurora, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, AWS RedShift, SAP SQL Anywhere, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, and Teradata.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Disclaimer - I never used DB2 so I have no idea if there are or aren't any huge differences between differently hosted databases. But I'd test it anyway. DB Connect after all is just a client app for the database. If you can connect with the database client to a DB2 on Linux, why shouldn't you be able to connect to AS400 one?

Doesn't cost you more than a bit of your time to test it 😉

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I recall right, there could be something special with DB/2 on AS400/iSeries/OS400? There seems to be some instructions how to use/connect with jdbc on net. You should just use google to find those.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...