Getting Data In

404 Client Error with Microsoft Office 365 Reporting Add-On for Splunk

becksyboy
Communicator

Hi,

we have a the Microsoft Office 365 Reporting Add-On for Splunk configured with an account which is a member of the Service Administrators group. From the logs we are seeing the following error. Is this due to insufficient permissions?

Also when i log in as that account I do not see the ability to run any trace reports from the Admin console under Security & compliance; so that could also be an indicator of the issue? Is there an additional permission that needs to be set?

ERROR pid=15855 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:307 | HTTP Request error: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://reports.office365.com/ecp/reportingwebservice/reporting.svc/MessageTrace?$filter=StartDate%2...'

thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

becksyboy
Communicator

This was resolved by creating a role group for the account and applying these permissions:

"ViewOnlyAuditLogs"
"ViewOnlyConfiguration"
"ViewOnlyRecipients"

I believe "MessageTracking" is optional.

View solution in original post

pauline5

The following forum resolved my issue. I have another query. I am getting an issue that whenever I am trying to sign in to a Microsoft cloud service such as Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune, I am receiving the following error message from ADFS that "There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.".I have contacted the helpdesk support and followed accordingly https://supportprop58.com/office-setup/how-to-login-microsoft-office/.Guide us if anything I have missed out.

0 Karma

becksyboy
Communicator

This was resolved by creating a role group for the account and applying these permissions:

"ViewOnlyAuditLogs"
"ViewOnlyConfiguration"
"ViewOnlyRecipients"

I believe "MessageTracking" is optional.

dkeck
Influencer
0 Karma

becksyboy
Communicator

Saw this, but no the credentials are correct and i can login with the same ones into the Admin console. I've asked the Tenant admin to re-check the account permissions.

0 Karma

kconway35

Is the role group creation for the group mentioned on the Splunk side or the Azure Application Side? I only support the Azure Application Side. I don't have insight on how the Splunk Side was configured. Are the Role Groups mentioned:

"ViewOnlyAuditLogs"
"ViewOnlyConfiguration"
"ViewOnlyRecipients"

Set up in the the Azure Tenant Somewhere?

Thanks,

Kevin C.

0 Karma

becksyboy
Communicator

Hi Kevin,

our Tenant Administrator set this up on the Azure side for us. These are management role types.

thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...