Splunk Dev

Splunk SSL Error with Python

daniel333
Builder

Morning everyone,

Came in to work today and seeing this error. Anyone familiar with it? What's the impact and fix? Stock install of Splunk with no custom certs.

03-16-2020 03:01:55.285 -0700 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/bin/python2.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_instrumentation/bin/instrumentation.py" HTTPSConnectionPool(host='e1345286.api.splkmobile.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1.0/e1345286/81416994-c2ef-5c6f-a3de-68fb09953b0d/100/0?hash=none (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:742)'),)) 
Labels (2)

youngsuh
Contributor

where you able to fix?

0 Karma

joele23
Engager

I am having the same issue. To add some more info, if I log onto the system and run python 3 (system version not splunk) the script works fine. When I try with using Splunk I get ssl errors. Here is a cut from the error output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 322, in ssl_wrap_socket
context.load_verify_locations(ca_certs, ca_cert_dir)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @joele23

this is actually other issue, so it's better to create a new question

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hi @daniel333,

is this still open? According to SSLlabs the cert is OK

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...