Splunk Dev

has the Genevents.jar in the Java SDK been replaced?

peterweinstein
Explorer

Hi,

The online documentation for the Splunk Java SDK decribes an event generator that is useful for testing. It was called Genevents.jar, as described at the bottom of http://dev.splunk.com/view/splunk-java-sdk-examples/SP-CAAAEFF.

The Splunk Java SDK I installed today does not include Genevents.jar. This seems like it would have been useful ... I'm wondering if it is still available or if there is a replacement?

Thanks for your help!

Peter

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

wcolgate_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Peter,

The genevents example program exists in the Java SDK Beta -- which will be released very soon. This is a case of the online documentation preceding the actual release of the software!

Wim

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wcolgate_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Peter,

The genevents example program exists in the Java SDK Beta -- which will be released very soon. This is a case of the online documentation preceding the actual release of the software!

Wim

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...