Deployment Architecture

unable to distribute to peer - unable to get auth token - READ TIMEOUT

bcyates
Communicator

We Just migrated two SH Vms to a new data center. Now we are having intermitten timeouts to where the search heads cannot distribute to peers and I am seeing this error message

WARN GetRemoteAuthToken - Unable to get auth token from peer: https://xx.xx.xxx:8089 due to: Read Timeout; exceeded 60000 milliseconds

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @bycyates. Did you figure out how to solve this problem? If so, would you mind describing what you did as an answer so other users could learn from your work? Thanks!

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hello
I suspect as you have migrated two SH Vms to a new data center there may be a connectivity issue
This usually appears when the search head cannot authenticate with search peers in the distributed environment. Pls re-authenticate either using CLI or from the GUI within the search head : settings-> distributed search -> Search peers and ensure, its up and enabled.

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@bcyates,

This looks like authentication error. I think it is related to the distServerKeys being regenerated.
Also check the cluster pass4symmkey.

Let me know if this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...