Deployment Architecture

Would I be able to create separate HEC tokens for each microservice project?

Gordon1
Explorer

Hello everybody!

I am researching to integrate splunk with my service running in Docker. In my case, the splunk enterprise runs on a different host.

One way to achieve this is to use docker's built-in splunk logging driver. I see that one of the configuration parameter is "splunk-token": "" which is the splunk Http Event Collector token that needs to be created in the Splunk enterprise.

My question is - Would I be required to create separate HEC tokens for each of the microservice projects. Let's say, if we have 10 microservices projects running which need to integrate with Splunk. Does that mean I would have to create 10 different tokens in Splunk enterprise?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...