Deployment Architecture

Why this error on search head cluster after updating Splunk_TA_Windows?

TheBravoSierra
Path Finder

I recently updated Splunk_TA_Windows and am seeing this error on my search head cluster:

[Indexers] Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-user_account_control_property

This is an automatic lookup generated in the default directory of the app. I'm not familiar with it and am not seeing this error on my deployer(standalone) instance. The configs appear the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a scripted lookup in the Windows Add-on. The default behavior of Splunk and in Windows Add-on is to put it as part of distributed search bundle.

So, it seems those settings (distributed search bundle related) have been changed in your environment. And SHC is not pushing the lookup and lookup script to the indexers.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/DistSearch/Knowledgebundlereplication

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Admin/Distsearchconf

0 Karma

TheBravoSierra
Path Finder

I uninstalled the splunk_TA_windows app completely from the search head cluster, and deployed a clean install of the app(so no local directories anywhere). and am still seeing the error.  

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use btool to search those attributes in the environment.

* $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk btool distsearch list --debug

(To see what are the attributes set related to distributed search)

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...