Deployment Architecture

Which Splunk Capability allows to enable OR disable a Splunk app?

juhiacc
Explorer

We have a Splunk app, that needs to be disabled by the users themselves as per the systems health and maintenance mode. Curious to know which role/capability in splunk is responsible for granting this level of access.

Already have revisited `edit_local_apps` capability as part of https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.0/Security/Rolesandcapabilities#Add.2C_edit.2C_and_... and this doesn't seems to answer the query.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Siddharth
Path Finder

Try this it should work 

edit_local_appsLets the user edit actions for application management. Applies only when you set the enable_install_apps setting to "true" in authorize.conf.
0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

Thanks @Siddharth ,  I do have enabled the capability edit_local_apps under role from UI. However I am not sure where exactly we need to make changes in authorize.conf. Thanks

0 Karma

Siddharth
Path Finder

in authorize.conf 

[capability::edit_local_apps]

enable = true 

I think this should work just debug/refresh the system once it is done 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...