Deployment Architecture

Splunk cloud indexer port 9997 is not listening for my splunk cloud instance

sivauser

Splunk cloud indexer port 9997 is not listening for my splunk cloud instance .

Please let me know whether I cannot able to set the indexer port manually in Splunk cloud like Splunk enterprise?

How can I ensure whether the port(9997) is listening for splunk cloud indexer?

Note : I have already open the network flow from my splunk client which the universal forwarder installed (UF --->> Spluk indexer 9997)

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dhihoriya_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @sivauser

In Splunk cloud instance, if port 9997 is down or not listening then you need to raise a support ticket to investigate your issue by Splunk cloud networking team.

you can also check the connection by telnet between your forwarder and Splunk Cloud IP addresses on port 9997 by this way you can get the result that port 9997 is up and listening or not.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dhihoriya_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @sivauser

In Splunk cloud instance, if port 9997 is down or not listening then you need to raise a support ticket to investigate your issue by Splunk cloud networking team.

you can also check the connection by telnet between your forwarder and Splunk Cloud IP addresses on port 9997 by this way you can get the result that port 9997 is up and listening or not.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...