Deployment Architecture

Replace data on each import?

jcooperFossil
Path Finder

I'm using Best Practical "Request Tracker 4" as my ticketing system, and I'm trying to pull the data in to Splunk for dashboarding purposes.

Currently I have it set up on DBConnect, but there is a horrible one-to-many database set up where the same field names are used in multiple sourcetypes, making the Splunk searches having to use a lot of join and append commands. The other issue is the lastupdated field vs the createddate field and getting accurate information.

We've found a better way, but I need help on improving it. Currently we:
1. Delete the current index of data since the values of recent tickets have probably changed since the last import
2. Export the CSV
3. Import in to Splunk

Is there a way I can have a Splunk UF monitor a directory, import the CSV into perhaps a summary index, overwriting the old data with each import? Does the UF allow importing into a lookup?

NOTE: I'm using Splunk Cloud, and have Heavy Forwarders on premise.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...