Deployment Architecture

Getting Missing Suitable candidates to create

XavierTang
Loves-to-Learn

XavierTang_0-1705466800451.pngXavierTang_1-1705466824609.pngXavierTang_2-1705466854654.png

Hi, I have 2 indexers running in cluster and from the cluster master, i am getting the "Getting Missing Suitable candidates to create replicated copy in order to meet replication policy error."

I tried roll and resync but the same error keeps coming back. if they can't roll and resync, my only choice is to delete, but how do I mass delete instead of clicking one by one to delete?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

XavierTang
Loves-to-Learn

This is some of the splunkd.log from the indexer 2 that is having issues.

I have been trying to delete copy from replication factor that is pending to be fixed, but this error keeps coming back.

XavierTang_2-1705632230543.png

XavierTang_3-1705632290555.png

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Based on that log if suggest that you raise support case to splunk and continue with them.
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

based on last picture your second search peer (indexer) is not up and running. Please look from it's internal logs why it's not working and fix it. After it's again up and running this issue should fixed automatically.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

XavierTang
Loves-to-Learn

Hi, the second search peer (indexer) has been up and running as shown in the License Master -> Monitoring Console -> "Instances".

But this issue still persists.

XavierTang_0-1705628200033.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...