Deployment Architecture

GUID of a search-head cluster

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm reading the docs about sharing summaries between search-heads and I'm a bit puzzled.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/Knowledge/Sharedatamodelsummaries

The article states: "You can find the GUID for a search head cluster in the [shclustering] stanza of server.conf. If you are running a single instance you can find the GUID in etc/instance.cfg. "

But in my case the only guids I can find are those on single shcluster members in etc/instance.cfg. Of course each one is different. I cannot seem to find a "search head cluster GUID" anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

In Search Head Cluster, you can find GUID in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf under [shclustering] stanza and parameter name is id

id = <GUID>
* Unique identifier for this cluster as a whole, shared across all cluster
  members.
* Default: Splunk software arranges for a unique value to be generated and
  shared across all members.

View solution in original post

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

In Search Head Cluster, you can find GUID in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf under [shclustering] stanza and parameter name is id

id = <GUID>
* Unique identifier for this cluster as a whole, shared across all cluster
  members.
* Default: Splunk software arranges for a unique value to be generated and
  shared across all members.

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Argh. I was looking for a guid parameter, not id. That's why I couldn't find it.

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...