Deployment Architecture

Daily throughput of a particular index

Michael_Schyma1
Contributor

I am wondering how i would search the daily throughput of a specific index? Here is the search that I am trying to modify that looks at all the data indexed in prod and test enviornment, now how would i just look at index=desktop?

Index=desktop

index=_internal source=*license_usage* type=Usage | eval GB=b/1024/1024/1024  | bucket _time span=1d | stats sum(GB) AS volume by _time pool |rename _time AS Date/Time pool AS Pool volume AS Volume(GB)| convert timeformat="%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S %p" ctime(Date/Time)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Look at this link below in your environment and you'll see amount of data per index and you can choose the timeframe.

http://:8000/en-US/app/search/indexing_volume

Also, it is recommended to have the Splunk on Splunk App installed to monitor the health of your Splunk environment and you'll see some additional licensing volume views in there as well. I think the one above should give you what you are looking for though.

View solution in original post

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Look at this link below in your environment and you'll see amount of data per index and you can choose the timeframe.

http://:8000/en-US/app/search/indexing_volume

Also, it is recommended to have the Splunk on Splunk App installed to monitor the health of your Splunk environment and you'll see some additional licensing volume views in there as well. I think the one above should give you what you are looking for though.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...