Dashboards & Visualizations

moving dashboard into custom app

jalfrey
Communicator

I now have some dashboards with good stuff on my dashboards. I want to move them into a custom app. I found the directory /opt/splunk/etc/apps//default/data/ui/views and dropped the simple XML into there. Next I edited /opt/splunk/etc/apps//default/data/ui/nav/default.xml to add the new view.

My problem is now that it can't find some of the saved searches. What file do I move my saved searches into?

1 Solution

ranjyotiprakash
Communicator

you should move your savedsearches to

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/your_app_name/default/savedsearches.conf

and restart splunk. That's it. And go through the following splunk doc :

link text

View solution in original post

ranjyotiprakash
Communicator

you should move your savedsearches to

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/your_app_name/default/savedsearches.conf

and restart splunk. That's it. And go through the following splunk doc :

link text

jalfrey
Communicator

ok after some more digging I found the save searches are stored in:
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/local/savedsearches.conf
You can go read the .xml dashboard to get the name of the search to move.

0 Karma

sbrant_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, where they reside depends on what app context they are saved under. In this case, they were saved while in the default app "Searching & Reporting".

0 Karma

adrianathome
Communicator

savedsearches.conf
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/admin/savedsearchesconf
find /opt/splunk -name savedsearches.conf

0 Karma

sbrant_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The scope of your saved searches is likely private or limited to the app(s) that they were created in. You can check by going to the manager, selecting "searches and reports", and clicking "Permissions" next to the saved searches in question. Change to "all apps" and set the appropriate role permissions. Your dashboard, in your new app, should then be able to see/use them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...