Dashboards & Visualizations

how to get a scatter plot for number of events per date

vpurushottam
Explorer

I have exactly 2 fields. One is date and another is number of particular events that took place that day. I want a scatter plot with X-axis as date and Y-axis as number of events. But when ever i do scatter plot with date in yyyy-mm-dd format it places all the dots on a single vertical line at yyyy. And if i do the same with dd-mm-yyyy it places all the points for the particular date for any month on the same vertical line dd (example: it puts 3 dots on the same vertical line for 01-01-2019, 01-02-2019, and 01-03-2019 at 01, that is the date). But if i convert this time to epoch time i get what i need. Is there a way i can get a proper scatter plot with count and human readable date ?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...