Dashboards & Visualizations

Why "done" tag is disappeared when I edit panel's search in UI.

yutaka1005
Builder

I created dashboard has two panels like below.

1. Panel displaying results in table view
  2. Panel showing the count of result of panel1

To display Panel2, I use the <done> ~ </done> tag in the source of Panel1 like below.

<done><eval token="arg1">$job.resultCount$</eval></done>

However, editing the search in the panel1 on the UI editing screen will cause the <done> ~ </done> tag to disappear.

Why is it happen?
Is there a workaround?

If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me.

1 Solution

AKG1_old1
Builder

This is a bug in Splunk. Any sections like done,finalized,progress,error are getting disappeared when edit through GUI. I have logged bug to Splunk under "SPL-147251".

View solution in original post

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

This is a bug in Splunk. Any sections like done,finalized,progress,error are getting disappeared when edit through GUI. I have logged bug to Splunk under "SPL-147251".

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for answering!

Do you mean that you reported a bug to Splunk? Or is it already registered as Known Issues?

Also, as a result of contacting support, etc., did you know that it was a bug?

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

yeah, I have reported it to Splunk and they have acknowledged it as bug . I 'll follow up on this bug.

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

Guys, This issue has been fixed in Enterprise 7.0.3

gowtham495
Path Finder

@agoyal thank you. I am having same issue. is there any workaround instead of updating to v7.0.3

(Actually, my second panel depends on token from first panel)

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

When I edited the search from source, the <done> tag did not disappear.
Is this the only workaround?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

I have also noticed this issue intermittently in 7.0. What version are you using? You can add a Bug tag to this question and if you have valid Splunk Entitlement you can reach out to Splunk Support.

yutaka1005
Builder

I noticed this issue in ver 7.0 and 6.6.3.

Perhaps, I think that the corresponding department related to the web framework is not Splunk support.
So we need to wait for someone inside Splunk to mention about this issue.

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

It's been fixed in 7.0.3

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...