Dashboards & Visualizations

Why am I unable to add scheduled report to the dropdown input on my dashboard?

Cuyose
Builder

I have a scheduled report that returns a list of distinct values. When I select the report option from within a dropdown input panel on my dashboard, then look for that report, it is not in the list. There is text "This does not contain all reports. Add a report that is not listed from Reports."

Thats it, I go to reports, and see it has run, is scheduled, etc. I can not select it though.

jrybczynski_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To add a report not listed in the dropdown click the link marked "Reports" in the message "This does not contain all reports. Add a report that is not listed from Reports." to open the reports tab. Search/Find the desired report there, click on it and use the "Add to Dashboard" option and select the existing dashboard you want to add it to.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

What search string are you using to populate the list of recently run searches?

0 Karma

Cuyose
Builder

I initially had them hard coded, and now am using a search inline when the dashboard is invoked. It is a simple top 0|table X |sort by X to populate a dropdown with a list of dependent systems.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just show us the search. I assume you are calling a REST endpoint with |rest to pull in recently run searches and that the dropdown uses this search to populate names. Is this what you are doing?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...