Dashboards & Visualizations

Subsearch: How to create a search which returns multiple values?

madhukar3us
Engager

Hi,

I have a search query which returns multiple values. For example, the search query returns abc, def, ghi.

I need to take this as input and  i need to perform a search of these values. The logs contains the abc-123-678, def-678+943 , ghi-678-123 and i need to search the events that contains these strings.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @madhukar3us ,

if you need to use the result of a subquery to search  as text in the main search, you have to follow this approach

supposing that the field in the subsearch containing the values to search is "my_field"

your_main_search [ search your_secondary_search  rename my_field AS query | fields query ]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

marysan
Communicator

Hi
I suppose that you need join command for example :
index=index1 abc=123-678  def=678+943 , ghi=678-123
| fields abc,def,ghi
| join type=inner abc,def,ghi
 [| search index=index2]

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @madhukar3us ,

if you need to use the result of a subquery to search  as text in the main search, you have to follow this approach

supposing that the field in the subsearch containing the values to search is "my_field"

your_main_search [ search your_secondary_search  rename my_field AS query | fields query ]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

danielcj
Communicator

Hello @madhukar3us ,

Could you please provide more information? Are these values on the same field? Could you also share some log samples?

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...