Dashboards & Visualizations

Studio Dash is empty in view mode

marcurdy

I made a clone of an existing and empty XML dashboard as the means to start a new studio one. I added text boxes and an image. All looks fine in edit mode. Anytime I save and click View, the dashboard's title remains but contents disappear. Going back to edit mode shows the contents. I've restarted, but the page and page's source doesn't have my text.

How can I debug this ridiculously simple, beginner problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ldongradi_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you create a dashboard directly from the DS editor, it comes with a Canvas height of 900.

• Adding text boxes or any other element would make them present in the canvas

If you convert an empty XML dashboard to a DS, it will have a Canvas height of 0.

• Adding elements here would make them outside of the canvas shown as a thin line on top of the view
  • The canvas size can still be edited, from the code or by clicking that tiny dotted line and your elements will become visible

So, it's not really an issue, just a question of: where did you place these elements?

0 Karma

eddiebr

Same problem here... is this a know issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...