Dashboards & Visualizations

Remove everything before backslash in string?

Nomarja
Engager

I am trying to remove some unwanted characters before the backslash, but it is ignoring some machines as they have different name standards.

I want to remove the domain name and machine name from the Local Administrator group.

My data comes like this in one string as below

labmachine000r\administrator labmachine000d\support  labdomain\admingroup labdomain\helpdesk

I managed to remove the characters before the backslash using this

| eval adminlocal=replace(adminlocal, "\w+(\\\\)+","")

and my result is like below:

administrator support  admingroup helpdesk

That is working fine for the machine above, but if I have a machine name like "L-02labmachine000r", the replace command gives the result like this:

L-administrator L-support admingroup helpdesk

Is there any way to adjust my replace command to cover that machine name?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

Something like this....

| makeresults
| eval adminlocal = "labmachine000r\administrator labmachine000d\support labdomain\admingroup labdomain\helpdesk"
| eval mc = "L-02labmachine000r\administrator L-02labmachine000r\support L-02labmachine000r\admingroup L-02labmachine000r\helpdesk labdomain\admingroup labdomain\helpdesk L-99labmachine000r\admingroup L-0216labmachine000r\helpdesk"
| eval new_mc=replace(mc,"[\w\d\-]+(\\\)+","")

Gr0und_Z3r0_0-1637843842052.png

Please upvote if it helps.

View solution in original post

Nomarja
Engager

Thanks @Gr0und_Z3r0 , that did the trick. I appreciate your help

0 Karma

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

Cheers mate. Happy Splunking!

0 Karma

Gr0und_Z3r0
Contributor

Something like this....

| makeresults
| eval adminlocal = "labmachine000r\administrator labmachine000d\support labdomain\admingroup labdomain\helpdesk"
| eval mc = "L-02labmachine000r\administrator L-02labmachine000r\support L-02labmachine000r\admingroup L-02labmachine000r\helpdesk labdomain\admingroup labdomain\helpdesk L-99labmachine000r\admingroup L-0216labmachine000r\helpdesk"
| eval new_mc=replace(mc,"[\w\d\-]+(\\\)+","")

Gr0und_Z3r0_0-1637843842052.png

Please upvote if it helps.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...