Dashboards & Visualizations

Quickly add list of inputs to dropdown menu?

Southy567
Engager

Hey all!

Hoping you can help. I am currently building a dashboard that will allow users to select a option from a dropdown menu, and then type in a username in order to see all events for that input for that user.

I am in a bind however as the dropdown has several hundred options (unfortunately no way to slim that down) and I was wondering if there was a way to quickly and painlessly add the labels and inputs from a spreadsheet I have over into the dropdown, or if I have to go through and copy each of them individually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be populating the dropdown list with a search.  That search get collect values from your indexes or can get them from a lookup file (or other places).  In the form below, your SPL (perhaps | inputlookup options.csv) goes in the "Search String" box.  The name of the field you want to show to users goes in the "Field For Value" box.

richgalloway_0-1667783487372.png

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be populating the dropdown list with a search.  That search get collect values from your indexes or can get them from a lookup file (or other places).  In the form below, your SPL (perhaps | inputlookup options.csv) goes in the "Search String" box.  The name of the field you want to show to users goes in the "Field For Value" box.

richgalloway_0-1667783487372.png

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Training for All: Meet Aspiring Cybersecurity Analyst, Marc Alicea

Splunk Education believes in the value of training and certification in today’s rapidly-changing data-driven ...

Investigate Security and Threat Detection with VirusTotal and Splunk Integration

As security threats and their complexities surge, security analysts deal with increased challenges and ...

Observability Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023New Product Releases Splunk Network Explorer for Infrastructure MonitoringSplunk unveils Network ...