Dashboards & Visualizations

Problems in drill down

allan_newton
Path Finder

This is the basic drill down dashboard.

Drill_Here

<![CDATA[
index=core_data | rex field=Message "(?(Started|Failed|COMPLETED))" | table Region, Event_Time, Status
]]>

now
false
true

/app/data_Monitoring/simple_test?form.host=$row.Region$ | table Region, Message

Drilled_Here
host=$click.value$ | table Region, Message

now
true
false
none

When i click on the first dashboard, I'm redirected to the second dashboard but i get the message "Search Query is not fully resolved"

Please help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your first dashboard is passing a token form.host to the second dashboard, but the search in your second dashboard is referencing a token $click.value$. That token isn't set anywhere, so the search can't run.

Your second dashboard should look something like this: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.3/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms#Destinati...

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your first dashboard is passing a token form.host to the second dashboard, but the search in your second dashboard is referencing a token $click.value$. That token isn't set anywhere, so the search can't run.

Your second dashboard should look something like this: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.3/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms#Destinati...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...