Dashboards & Visualizations

Passing tokens from single value

cjohnson_vectra

I have a fixed view that shows the number of devices in a given state for a 24hour window:

alt text

I would like to be able to drill into one of these and jump to another view/dashboard that shows more of the details around the values. The challenge I am running in to is that I am passing a token 'hostseverity' and the dashboard seems to accept the token, but it does not return anything in the results pane:

alt text

Now if I go in and change the severity manually, the results will populate as expected. The code I am using for the single value is:

<option name="drilldown">all</option>
    <drilldown>
      <link>hosts?form.hostseverity=High</link>
    </drilldown>
0 Karma

cjohnson_vectra

ryandg, in gathering the information for you request, I identified the source of my issue.

The code for the input that was on the 'hosts' page was teh following:

<input type="dropdown" token="hostseverity" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Severity</label>
      <choice value="threat>0 AND certainty>0">All</choice>
      <choice value="threat>=50 certainty>=50">Critical</choice>
      <choice value="threat>=50 certainty<=50">High</choice>
      <choice value="threat<=50 certainty>=50">Medium</choice>
      <choice value="threat>0 AND threat<50 certainty>0 AND certainty<50">Low</choice>
      <initialValue>threat>0 AND certainty>0</initialValue>
    </input>

In the drilldown, I actually provided the named and not the value. So by changing
hosts?form.hostseverity=High

to:
hosts?form.hostseverity=threat%3E%3D50%20certainty%3C%3D50

I solved my problem.

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

ryandg
Communicator

Can you include the code when you are trying to pass the token as well as the settings for the host severity input?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...