Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there a bug with clicking to scroll chart legend?

kulick
Path Finder

Our teams have noticed an issue since we upgraded to Splunk 9.0.3 (from 8.1.x) with the chart legend interactions.  When the legend is a long list of series, attempting to scroll the legend list by clicking on the "scroll button" is instead mistakenly interpreted as a click on one of the legend's series, causing a drilldown search.  This is seen, at least, in the Search Assistant.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a known (to Splunk) problem?  Any idea which versions/situations do/don't exhibit the bug?

Labels (2)
Tags (4)

untieshoe
Path Finder

I think this issue even pre-dates version 9. I see this issue with ALL of my charting visualizations where there are multiple 'pages' of legend items. It's infuriating, and it's a very obvious bug. I've tried Chrome, Edge. Makes no difference. Splunk Cloud, Splunk Enterprise - makes no difference. My older visualizations didn't used to have this problem with the legend pages, but now they do.

button.JPG

0 Karma

btoulme
Engager

It happens to me too!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...