Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to create a dashboard where you do not have to authenticate in order to log in to Splunk?

syx093
Communicator

Is it possible to create a dashboard where you do not have to authenticate in order to log in to Splunk? I want it to be like an embedded report, but with a dashboard. I have been trying to do this with the Splunk SDK for Javascript, but I have had no luck. I don't know if this is the correct approach. Any comment is greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

nadid
Path Finder

What some companies does is use an apache reverse proxy and create a sso user in splunk, that sso user has access to one app that has your dashboards.

The problem are the interdependencies with other modules. Some dashboards require access to search, other to dbx (depending if you use db connect).

And the worst part is that you need also to block the drilldowns in such dashboards so nobody can access to the search and do their on queries.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There have been several hacks/exploits to do this over the years but every time one gets at all widely known, Splunk fixes the bug. Splunk 6.1 FINALLY includes a way to do this that is supported with the new embedded reports feature! Check it out:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.4/Report/Embedscheduledreports

The only other way that I can think to do it is to add your unauthenticated (non)users to the email distribution list for alert alert and attach a generated PDF with the results that triggered the alert.

0 Karma

syx093
Communicator

I already new about embedded reports. I just wanted to create a no authentication dashboard because we a monitoring all events on a giant monitor. A non authentication dashboard would allow us to monitor pre-made dashboards. Plus, embedded report screws up the graphs at times when messing with html.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...