Dashboards & Visualizations

How to visualize periodic website health check results in a Splunk dashboard?

rehak_michal
Path Finder

This seems like a very common use case, to simply visualize results of some health checks against some system (like server, website, service, ...) but I can't figure out how to do it in a Splunk dashboard. Here are the details for my use case:

I have multiple health checks (check1, check2, check3, ...) that are run periodically (run1, run2, run3, ...) against a website. Any suggestions how can I create dashboard that shows them in a following straightforward way?

• checks are stacked in a column
  • if check passed its color is green
  • if check failed its color is red

Here is a basic example:

Note, that check's name does not have to be displayed in the column, I put it there just to demonstrate the idea 🙂

alt text

In case splunk can't do this, is there any alternative approach?

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi rehak_michal,

Take a look at this App https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1493/ which will provide a testing script and some dashboards. Beside that and as mentioned by @sundareshr look at the Splunk dashboard examples https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

Hope that helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Take a look at Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples You may get some ideas

0 Karma

rehak_michal
Path Finder

Thanks. Is there any example that matches my description and screenshot? I can't seem to find anything like that. I just need to display column for every check an set its color based on the check's result.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...