Dashboards & Visualizations

How to remove blank spaces from table in dashboard in splunk ?

bagarwal
Path Finder

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a dashboard with multiple stats report. And I want to remove unwanted blank spaces that appears in the table. Is there any way to remove these blank spaces so can make the dashboard look even more better. Screenshot attached.

alt text

alt text

0 Karma

Satsan
Engager

I am also facing the same issue and please find my query and not able to attach screenshots

index="wineventlog" host=myhostnames AND source="WinEventLog:Application" AND Type=Error | top limit=20 Message | eval Message=substr(Message, 13, 100) | table Message count | rename Message as "Error Desc", count as "Error Count"

0 Karma

Tom1187
Path Finder

Hi bagarwal.
I haven't tried this myself, but I found this answer, and it looks perfect for you:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/24861/width-adjustable-table.html

if the accepted answer does not work for you, try the last comment on the page-

... | rex field=longfield max_match=0 "(?.{0,50})"
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Seems like you have taken a screenshot with Dashboard Edit turned on. Can you take one without Edit?
Can you also tell whether table is only visualization in the row or is there something else in the same row (If possible take dashboard screenshot)?

Table should not have whitespace above it. Only whitespace is to allow for Table title. Do you want to take that out?

bagarwal
Path Finder

Hi Nikentnilay,

Thanks for your response. I have attached the screenshot in the main question page. I would like to eliminiate the white space between the two columns . I ran the stats command to display result in tabular format and between columns there are white spaces that's of no use. So need to delete or shrink the column length.

Thanks & Regards,
Binay Agarwal

0 Karma

oda
Communicator

bagarwal
Path Finder

Hi oda,

Thanks for your response. I don't want to remove the fields that contain null values . I want to shrink the column width as it is filled with blank spaces ( screenshot attached in the main question) .

Thanks & Regards,
Binay Agarwal

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...