Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get top 20 results by aggregation method used in Trellis Layout?

sangs8788
Communicator

Hi

Below is a query which returns the latency over month by cust_id. Events contain fields as month=April, month=May etc

...| chart  max(Avg) as Avg, max(Max) as Max, p95(P95) as P95 over month by cust_id  useother=f limit=40 |sort  -Max, -P95 

I would like to display this as a trellis chart by the Aggregation method used. While using Trellis Layout , i am getting graph each one for Max, Avg, P95 - 3 charts. How to display top 20 cust_id latency values for each aggregation method ? Is that possible ?

alt text

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this please:

...| chart max(Avg) as Avg, max(Max) as Max, p95(P95) as P95 over month by cust_id  useother=f limit=40 |sort  -Max, -P95 | top 20 cust_id
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@sangs8788 try using the split-by field as cust_id instead of default Aggragation.

<option name="trellis.splitBy">cust_id</option>

sangs8788
Communicator

@niketnilay That would result me in layout for each customer. I would like to have the aggregation as the layout and display top 10 customer values for each aggregation type. How do i do that ?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Then you would need to do it by month.

<option name="trellis.splitBy">month</option>

sangs8788
Communicator

@niketnilay Sorry if i am not being clear. What i would like to know is in a year, do we server customer with same Max, P95 ,Avg latency. To see which are the customer not satisfied for the entire year monthwise. This results may contain a customer whose value was high only for one month but not always/ or it is always. Is this possible ?

For this i would need a chart for Avg, Max, P95 - trend for every month and show only the top 20 values for each layout. Having split by month will not show me the trend of Avg/Max/p95 of the same customer/all customer.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@sangs8788, sorry I am not clear with the expected output. Can you draw something on paper/mock screenshot of expected output?

PS: I have converted my answer to comment so that the question flags as unanswered for others to pitch in as well 🙂

sangs8788
Communicator

Thanks. I will share this by tomorrow. Caught up with meeting now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...