Dashboards & Visualizations

How to get a panel to display a single value of Yes(Green)/No(red) or True(Green)/False(Red) based on the search result?

agoktas
Communicator

Hello,

I have a log entry that will display: Processor being destroyed

And when it does (within my real-time search (all time)), I want to display Yes (Green) in a dashboard panel.

When it has not yet occurred, I want the dashboard panel to display No (Red).

If yes/no is not possible and True/False is, then that is ok too. 🙂

Thanks!

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sounds like you might want to check out using rangemap with a single value panel : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.5/SearchReference/Rangemap#Using_rangemap_with_singl...

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Look at the SPlunk 6.x dashboard example app (link below) and look at the examples for Single value. You'll find similar/better options to achieve the same.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

0 Karma

agoktas
Communicator

Unfortunately we're only on 6.2, so we have some limitations with single values.

Does anyone have any examples they have setup pre 6.3?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The above app does work for 6.2.

If you just want to display Yes/No for value in the single value panel, you can have your search like this (sample)

your base search "Processor being destroyed" | head 1 | stats count | eval result=if(count=1,"True","False") | table result

0 Karma

agoktas
Communicator

That's perfect! Thanks for that.

Would you happen to know how to make the text on "True" green & the text color on "False" red?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...