Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a master dashboard with a drop-down containing names of underlying dashboards that open in a new tab when selected?

alan20854
Path Finder

Hi,

I am creating a master dashboard with a drop-down containing the names of its underlying dashboards and their corresponding links as their values.

Once an option is selected, I would like a new tab to be opened with the selected dashboard. How can I do this?

sundareshr
Legend

Look at the example in the Form Linking to Splunk Answers in this document

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms#Dashboard...

0 Karma

alan20854
Path Finder

Hi sundareshr,

This seems to be slightly different from what I am looking for. My dropdown does not create any events, as its only purpose would be to open a tab of the link to whatever is selected.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...