Dashboards & Visualizations

How to change Punchcard Visualization Categorical colors for bubbles?

craigkleen
Communicator

Hi all,

I'm at a bit of an impasse.  An executive would like to see colors that make sense to him in my Punchcard visualization of the number of WiFi devices in a particular space.  My data looks like this:

date_hour Location Capacity CapacityColor

0 Art Museum Staff 10 5
0 Lobby 3 5
1 Art Museum Staff 10 5
1 Lobby 5 5
10 Art Museum Staff 31 4
10 Lobby 90 2
11 Art Museum Staff 34 4

I have fiddled with all manner of "CapacityColor", charting options, even the field options I found at:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/DashStudio/objOptRef 

I've tried my search in both Dashboard Studio and Classic, though I'll be honest, I prefer Classic.  The best I seem to be able to do is using Sequential and setting max/min to like red and green.  Very "autumn" palette of 5 colors comes out, but I can't change the legend.  If I set the CapacityColor to match "Capacity" based on some thresholds like 90,75,50,10,0 it picks seemingly random numbers for the legend (which will confuse said executive).

I wanted to be able to use fieldColors={"Over 90%": "red" ... } like I've seen with other charting options, but I haven't found an iteration of that which works either in the punchcard visualization.

Has anyone found a way to modify the colors?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...