Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I set up a conditional drilldown in Simple XML from my bar chart to another dashboard?

jsven7
Communicator

I have a bar chart. When I click on a particular bar, I'd like to control the drilldown to another dashboard. Combed through the docs, but can't find anything. Also checked Answers and checked answers for other similar questions, but they are not working for me.

<drilldown>
          <condition click.name="C0">
            <link target="_blank">
                <![CDATA[
                 /app/RAS/cluster0?q=search%20$click.name$
                  ]]>
            </link>
          </condition>
          <condition click.name="C0">
            <link target="_blank">
                <![CDATA[
                 /app/RAS/cluster_1?q=search%20$click.name$
                  ]]>
            </link>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>
0 Karma
1 Solution

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. i thought you had a table instead of a bar chart.

I don't think you can use a token as an attribute of the condition tag. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Drilldown_eleme...

Instead you could rename your fields to to match the name of your dashboard (or vice versa). For example, change eval Cluster="C"+substr(Node,10,1) to eval Cluster="cluster_"+substr(Node,10,1) Then remove the condition tags and just have the following.

<drilldown target="_blank">
 <link>
     /app/RAS/$click.value$?q=search%20$click.value$                 
 </link>
</drilldown>

View solution in original post

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. i thought you had a table instead of a bar chart.

I don't think you can use a token as an attribute of the condition tag. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Drilldown_eleme...

Instead you could rename your fields to to match the name of your dashboard (or vice versa). For example, change eval Cluster="C"+substr(Node,10,1) to eval Cluster="cluster_"+substr(Node,10,1) Then remove the condition tags and just have the following.

<drilldown target="_blank">
 <link>
     /app/RAS/$click.value$?q=search%20$click.value$                 
 </link>
</drilldown>

jsven7
Communicator

That's brilliant thank you sir. Merry Christmas!

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Merry Christmas!

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

What do you mean by bar? The column title? The entire row? A particular cell?

Also the condition tags you have there have identical values. Is that correct?

0 Karma

jsven7
Communicator

Yes the column tile/field name. Sorry about: first condition is "C0" and second condition is "C1". Even though the conditions are different they drilldown to the same dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...