Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I search for something by a number of days? I need logs from agents that only include data from 21 days ago and only that day.,How do I search for a time frame of only events that occurred 21 days ago?

sheridestoofast
Engager

Trying to use the date option within splunk, it ignores what I choose and adds data from other days.,When I specify a date range it seems to ignore this and provide information for all items vs the date I select.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sheridestoofast
Engager
0 Karma

sheridestoofast
Engager
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

You can do this by writing your spl -> then in Timerange picker, select Date & Time range -> In the dropdown, select Between and the set the exact date, for which you want to see the logs, and in hours, start with 00:00:00.000 -> Set the same date again the second filter and set the time to 23:59:59.000

This should make sure that you only see the logs from that particular date only.

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...