Dashboards & Visualizations

Extraction of Response values from XML in the desired way.

yamini_37
Path Finder

Hi All,

I am trying to extract the multiple response values for a single request. After using "spath" command, the result is shown below.
Here, I didn't extract any values and just tabulated the needed information. alt text

So, in the XML file, ALB city has 4 streets. Each street contains 4 members. This is single result . Now I want to break it as 16 results with all details as shown below.

alt text

My query looks like
index=ab host=xy source=*y.xml |spath |table _time host City_Name Street_name Person_code Person_role

The above query gave the results shown in the first pic. Now i want to get the results as shown in the second picture. Please help me in framing the query for the latter part to get the expected results.

Thank You.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| makeresults
| eval City_name="ALB"
| eval Street_name=split("Street 1,Street 2,Street 3,Street 4",",")
| eval Person_code=split("1,2,3,4",",")
| eval Person_role=split("Father,Mother,Brother,Sister,Father,Mother,Brother,Sister,Father,Mother,Brother,Sister,Father,Mother,Brother,Sister",",")
| table City_name Street_name Person_code Person_role
| rename COMMENT as "this is your sample. please check this. from here, the logic"

| eval Person_role=mvdedup(Person_role)
| eval Person=mvzip(Person_code,Person_role)
| mvexpand Street_name
| stats values(City_name) as City_name list(Street_name) as Street_name by Person
| mvexpand Street_name
| eval Person_code=mvindex(split(Person,","),0), Person_role=mvindex(split(Person,","),1)
| fields - Person
| table City_name Street_name Person_code Person_role
| sort Street_name

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

JSON:

| makeresults
| eval _raw="{\"City Name\":\"ALB\",\"Street name\":[\"street 1\",\"street 2\",\"street 3\",\"street 4\"],\"Person code\":[1,2,3,4],\"Person role\":[\"Father\",\"Mother\",\"Brother\",\"Sister\",\"Father\",\"Mother\",\"Brother\",\"Sister\",\"Father\",\"Mother\",\"Brother\",\"Sister\",\"Father\",\"Mother\",\"Brother\",\"Sister\"]}"
| spath

what's XML ?

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Can you post sample XML?

0 Karma

yamini_37
Path Finder

I couldn't able to share the xml here

0 Karma

yamini_37
Path Finder

please find below.

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Still, it is missing

0 Karma

yamini_37
Path Finder

I have posted a new question and tagged you. Could you please check. The subject line of the question is "challenge!!! extraction of XML response values"

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

I not able to find, can you post the URL?

0 Karma

yamini_37
Path Finder

HI Ravi,

Please find the sample xml. I want to map the data and display as shown in the second picture.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...