Dashboards & Visualizations

External link to multiple dashboards

AZ
Engager

Our scrum team used to have a single Splunk dashboard, and a link to it on our Jira board, so that the product manager could easily jump to it when he was checking on our progress.  Now I've added 6 more dashboards, but would rather not add 6 more links if I can help it.  Is there a way to link to all of them at once?  The dashboard names share a common prefix for easy filtering, but filtering doesn't affect the URL so it doesn't seem like that will help.  Can I create a dashboard that contains links to other dashboards?  Or some sort of home page that's specific to our team?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AZ,

yes, you can craete a dashboard displaying the links to the other dashboard, a kind of menu Home page.

You can do this in many ways:

• putting the links in an html box for each link,
  • create a lookup containing the name of the dashboard to display and the link to the dashboard, then you can show the lookup in a dinamic dashboard.

I prefer the second option, because if you have do add a new dashboard or delete one of them, you can do it in the lookup instead to modify dashboard code.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AZ,

yes, you can craete a dashboard displaying the links to the other dashboard, a kind of menu Home page.

You can do this in many ways:

• putting the links in an html box for each link,
  • create a lookup containing the name of the dashboard to display and the link to the dashboard, then you can show the lookup in a dinamic dashboard.

I prefer the second option, because if you have do add a new dashboard or delete one of them, you can do it in the lookup instead to modify dashboard code.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

AZ
Engager

Grazie Giuseppe, two very good options. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...