I have a dashboard with several graphs. When I try and export the dashboard to pdf I get the following error.
Unable to render PDF.
Bailing out of Integrated PDF Generation. Exception raised while preparing to render "Untitled" to PDF. Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xCA 0x72 0x65 0x65, line 1, column 3397
When I remove 2 of the graphs form the dashboard it exports fine. The problem graphs relate to survey questions where respondents were asked to list in a free text field ice cream flavours they associate with a particular statement. Narrowing the problem down even further, everything works until I add in the eval statement CC. I am guessing this is an issue with an unrecognised character in the data but have no way of proving this or any idea of a work around.
host=icecream_awareness | eval Q5=lower(Q5_Whats_the_most_traditional_flavour_icecream) | eval Cookies = if(like(Q5,"%cookies and cream%") or like(Q5,"%cookiesandcream%"),1,0) |eval chocolate=if(like(Q5,"%chocolate%"),1,0) | eval rocky = if(like(Q5,"%rocky road%") or like(Q5,"%rockyroad%"),1,0) | eval CC = if(like(Q5,"%cotton candy%") or like(Q5,"%cottoncandy%"),1,0)| eval vanilla=if(like(Q5,"%vanilla%"),1,0) | stats Sum(Cookies) as "Cookies and Cream" sum(Chocolate) as Chocolate sum(Rocky) as "Rocky Road" sum(CC) as "Cotton Candy" sum(Vanilla) as Vanilla | transpose
Thanks for your response. Yes this does work, however, I am using a drop down in the dashboard to pass a parameter to the panels in questions. I can't find a way to do this when it is added as a report. I tried cloning it as an inline search, however, the dashboard fails to export again once this is done.