gjhaaland
Explorer

Hi,

I have create two different timechart like:

Timechart1(cable connection on/off):

index=cisco_asa dest_interface=outside | timechart span=10m dc(count) by count

Timechart2(login user listed):

host=10.1.1.1 src_sg_info=* | timechart span=10m dc(src_sg_info) by src_sg_info

Individually the display is perfect, but it would be even better if we could combined into one graph with common timestamps. 

I search through splunk documents, also tried different setup without success. Hope someone could help me with it 🙂

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gjhaaland
Explorer

Thanks 🙂  yes the search looks strange, but it's the only way out of my problems. If dest_interface=outside the cable to outside interface is connected.  Not sure why, but it's perfect. I have also tried to use appendcols to combine both graphs without success.  I think I must do more investigation to find out why.

Geir

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

appendcols just puts two sets side by side without any kind of "matching" between those sets so first row of set B will be appended to first row of set A regardless of what order of events each of those sets had.

I think you should rather simply append (not appendcols) those searches together and then do some form of stats by _time (or timechart again) to match data points from the same timestamp.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can try appending the second search to the first search

Having said that using dc by the same field is only every going to give counts of 1 so your searches seem a little strange.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...