Dashboards & Visualizations

Alert to email the contents of the Security Posture dashboard

slider8p2023
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to create a daily alert to email the contents of the Security Posture dashboard to a recipient.

Can someone please share how I can turn the content of this Dashboard from Splunk ES into a search within an ALert so it can be added to an email and be sent out daily?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @slider8p2023,

you could try to clone it going in https://<your_host>/en-US/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/dashboards and cloning the dashboard, but I'm not sure that it's possible to schedule it.

Otherwise, you should create a custom clone of the Security Posture dashboard using the searches that you can extract from the original dashboard and then schedule it to send by eMail as a pdf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @slider8p2023,

you could try to clone it going in https://<your_host>/en-US/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/dashboards and cloning the dashboard, but I'm not sure that it's possible to schedule it.

Otherwise, you should create a custom clone of the Security Posture dashboard using the searches that you can extract from the original dashboard and then schedule it to send by eMail as a pdf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

slider8p2023
Explorer

Thanks @gcusello that seemed to work. I cloned the original dashboard panel by panel and saved it as a NON Dashboard studio dashboard. The schedule to export as PDF.

I was un-aware the scheduling of PDF exporting is not available in using Dashboard Studio.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @slider8p2023 ,

good for you, see next time!

I still don't use Dashboard Studio because it doesn't still have all the features I use of the Classical Dashboard!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...