Dashboards & Visualizations

Accessing Drilldown Editor

Aroot002
Path Finder

Hello everyone, I'm new here and to Splunk in general. I have completed Fundamentals 1 and am now on the labs of Module 3 in Fundamentals 2. I am running into an issue with the drilldown editor in the edit dashboard page. The lab instructions say for me to click the 3 dots on the right of the screen (also known as the More actions button) but when I do the "More actions" bubble pops up and nothing appears, the more actions bubble then stays frozen on there until I leave the page or refresh it, see below. The other 3 buttons work fine. I am using Microsoft Edge and I tried Chrome but got the same result. 

Is there another way to access the Drilldown Editor? I can't progress in the course without actually completing the lab.

Aroot002_0-1619724083959.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Older versions of splunk seem to have some issues displaying some panels. You could try upgrading to a later version of splunk - maximising your browser - making you browser window smaller - cancel the edit and try again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Aroot002
Path Finder

Thanks! Canceling the Edit, reducing the size of my window, and then clicking it worked.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Older versions of splunk seem to have some issues displaying some panels. You could try upgrading to a later version of splunk - maximising your browser - making you browser window smaller - cancel the edit and try again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...